Climate Resilient Leadership Workshop
Local Government Association of Queensland
Queensland Climate Resilient Councils and Queensland Government
Understand the risks a changing climate presents to communities, businesses and the natural environment, and the economic opportunities for new sustainable industries.
Services we provided:
- Learning Program development
- Training delivery & facilitation
- Collaborative partnership management
- Marketing & communications
Who should attend?
Individuals engaged in leadership positions assisting organisations in addressing climate risks and opportunities, who are working on climate risk management in local or State Government, or in an allied profession and require a broad range of managerial coordination and planning skills.
October 30 and 31 and November 1 2019
Participants will gain knowledge in:
- International and national responses to climate change
- State and local government responses to climate change
- Minimising waste and emissions through a circular economy
- Carbon and waste foot printing
- Climate governance
- Climate change risk assessment
- Integrating climate change into systems and processes
- Systems thinking and adaptive pathway
- Monitoring and evaluation climate change risk management
- The context of climate change adaptation decision making.
Contact Peak Services at email@example.com or call (07) 3000 2148 for more information.
Following attendance at this workshop, successful participants will receive a Statement of Attendance as part of the Climate Resilience Queensland’s Professional Development Program. Once participants have successfully completed this assessment for BSBSUS401 they will be issued with a Statement of Attainment giving them credit towards BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability.
The full qualification, Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability contextualised for addressing climate risks and opportunities will be delivered from November 2019 and is now open for enrolment.