Green Team 2016
The Green Team are students from within vocational and tertiary education who volunteer to work with experienced environmental practitioners to environmentally audit the WorldSkills Australia (WSA) National Competition held every two years.
The WorldSkills Australia National Competition is Australia’s largest trade and skill competition and is one of the most logistically complex events held in the national events calendar, filling Australia’s largest venues with over 500 apprentices, students and trainees competing to be National Champion in over 50 different skill categories.
In 2016 the National Competition is being held at the Melbourne Showgrounds from Thursday 6 October through to Saturday 8 October 2016.
The Green Team:
- Conducts audit interviews with 50 + different skills areas and VETiS categories (VET in School categories)
- Collects environmental, social and economic performance data about each skill area
- Reviews the design of competition projects for innovative eco-efficiency, industry best practice and consumer appeal
- Inputs data into the Green Team Competition Information System (CIS) to award Gold, Silver & Bronze in the Sustainability Award
- Is trained and supported by Green Team Category Convenor and other lead environmental & sustainability experts
- Captures sustainability performance data that WSA can use to further improve the sustainability of the future national competitions.
The Green Team transparently and robustly determines the winner of the Sustainability Award to the category based on:
- Outstanding leadership in sustainability
- Use of innovative best practices within an industry
- Improvement since the previous event; and
- Strong audit performance.
Services we provided:
- Development of an electronic sustainability assessment tool able to benchmark to 50+ industry sectors (mapped into the WSA CIS)
- Learning program design
- Remote mentoring of lead experts and Green Team members