Climate Resilient Queensland – Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability
Local Government Association of Queensland
Queensland Climate Resilient Councils and Queensland Government
Training provider: Peak Services
Integrating climate risk management and unlocking opportunities presented by a changing climate this qualification builds your capacity to address climate risks and opportunities and delivers:
- Expert training in implementing the LGAQ Climate Risk Management Framework
- All assessment in class
- 4 x three day blocks
Who should attend:
Those working on climate risk management in local or State Government or in an allied profession requiring a broad range of managerial, coordination and planning skills.
Individuals who are engaged in asset management, risk management, land use planning, policy development, strategic planning and sustainability management.
Dates 2019 – 2020:
- Block One 20, 21 and 22 November 2019
- Block Two 4, 5 & 6 December 2019
- Block Three 5, 6 & 7 February 2020
- Block Four 2, 3 & 4 March 2020
Participants will attend four (4) x three (3) day block deliveries and gain knowledge in:
- Block One Understanding the risks a changing climate presents to communities, business and the natural environment, and the economic opportunities for new sustainable industries.
- Block Two The best available science and risk analysis tools to support adaptation decisions.
- Block Three Integrating climate adaptation and mitigation considerations into policies and processes.
- Block Four Achieving effective climate responses through partnerships across communities, educational institutions, government and industries.
Services we provided:
- Learning Program development
- Training delivery, facilitation and assessment